- This event has passed.
Free CLE Webinar: Conducting Depositions Online – What You Need to Know
May 7 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Approved by The Florida Bar for 1.0 hours of General CLE credit in 1.0 hours of Technology.
Halley J. Peters, Esq.,Client Executive, Esquire Deposition Solutions
Karen Cespedes, Client Executive, Esquire Deposition Solutions
Are you prepared to move your depositions forward – online? Beware: It takes more than a webcam and an Internet connection to safely and securely undertake the process. A complete understanding of what remote options are available and how they work is critical to avoiding the pitfalls of inaccurately hosting depositions online.
Understandably, as the volume of litigation continues to climb and the availability of professional court reporters continues to dwindle, law firms and corporations need reliable alternatives to soundly producing the written record.
Now, more than ever, attorneys and their teams must inject new efficiencies into the way depositions are managed. There are two reliable concepts that every team should consider:
- Remote Depositions – Videoconferencing: Witness and Court Reporter are in the same room while members of the legal teams may be remote
- Remote Reporters – Videoconferencing: Witness, Court Reporter and entire legal team is remote (As permitted by state laws and regulations)
Take immediate action to become proficient in managing your cases online! Attend this one-hour complimentary session and witness first-hand how important cloud-based functions work in remote depositions, such as real-time transcription of the testimony, electronic exhibits, remote swear-ins, and more. In addition, we will cover what you need to know about working with a remote court reporter to ensure that the record is captured accurately and efficiently.
- Examining Today’s Remote Deposition Landscape (5 min)
- Knowing the Legal Guidelines of Remote Depositions (10 min)
- Transitioning from the Traditional Proceeding to the Digital Deposition (10 min)
- Capturing the Record Online with the Remote Court Reporter, Videographer, Witness and Legal Teams (10 min)
- Exploring The Nuances of Videoconferencing Technology (10 min)
- Navigating Security and Privacy Concerns (10 min)
- Q& A (5 min)