The Mobile Law Office
Guest post by Lawyerist.com
In this fast-paced world, working from anywhere is happening almost automatically. Our email and the productivity platforms follow us everywhere, from the office to the beach. The good news behind this constant connection? You now have a built-in mobile law office.
A recent survey of 25,000 employees around the world found that 98% of employees believe that a work-anywhere culture has a positive impact on productivity. And although the idea itself is nothing new, we now have the technology available to us to make it happen seamlessly.
The Many Benefits of a Mobile Law Office
Having a mobile law office provides a world of benefits for law firms wishing to increase their efficiency. Key benefits include:
- Increased flexibility. You’re able to carry your documents, client files, and business processes with you always, anywhere you go—no briefcase necessary.
- Improved work-life balance. By going mobile, your office is no longer limited to a single brick-and-mortar location. You can work while you travel, check in while you’re out sick, or use your downtime at home to finish a critical project.
- Better collaboration. Client files and documents are shared much easier between members of your firm by using mobile capabilities. And you don’t have to be in the same room to communicate. Instead, you can rely on video chat or instant messaging apps.
Remember to Set Boundaries
Sure, working from anywhere has its perks. But, you must set some boundaries to ensure work doesn’t take over the rest of your life.
- Stay true to your set office hours. It’s quite easy for work hours to blend into personal time—or to take over completely. You’ve set standard office hours for your place of business, so be sure to keep those hours when you go mobile. And definitely avoid answering emails outside of working hours; you certainly don’t want to train your clients to expect emails from you at any time of day or night.
- Take your breaks seriously. When you take a vacation, take it seriously. While you may have access to your office, remember that it’s important to take some time to rest and refocus. Burnout is real, even when you have the flexibility of working from the beach.
Go Mobile to Improve Your Firm’s Flexibility
Is your firm taking advantage of mobility? Have you created a strategy that includes working from anywhere? Mobility is one of the many means available to give you the boost in productivity your firm needs to reach your goals. To learn more ways to improve your law firm’s productivity and reach your goals, take the Lawyerist Small Firm Scorecard™ today.