#GetSocial with @MDBYLS: Fresh and Professional
Approved for 1 hour of General CLE Credit including 1 hour of Technology CLE credit and .5 hours of Ethics CLE credit.
This webinar is presented by The Florida Bar’s Standing Committee on Technology (SCOT).
The goal of this continuing legal education session is to teach Florida Bar members about the following:
- How lawyers can use social media in their law practices
- Rules Regulating The Florida Bar and Ethics Opinions that apply to social media accounts used to promote the lawyer or law firm’s practice
- Responding to criticism on social media and handling negative reviews online
- Content posted on lawyer’s social media profiles and when a lawyer is/isn’t responsible
- Other multi-jurisdictional rules
- The importance of lawyers prioritizing mental health and wellness when on social media
Sponsored by LegalFuel: The Practice Resource Center of The Florida Bar.
- Discussion about client communications
- Florida Bar Rules & Opinions on confidentiality
- Florida Bar Rules & Opinions on responding to negative feedback online
- Florida Bar Rules & Opinions regarding when a lawyer is or is not responsible for posts on social media.
- Any other applicable rules for client communications over social media.
- Discussion about social media and mental health
- How do you balance what to post and what not to post keeping your mental health and personal boundaries in mind?
- How to deal with the pressure to always look your best on social media (no one is perfect 24/7)?
- Creation of a work/life balance?
- Discussion about the various social media platforms
- Should campaigns be different depending on the platform
- Which platforms work best for attorneys
- Discussion about Florida Bar professionalism guidelines on social media
- Social Media Do’s and Don’ts
Lauren Marsicano is a founding partner of Marsicano + Leyva PLLC with prior experience on both sides of the aisle providing guidance to both individuals and businesses and taking cases from inception through to trial and post-trial appeal. As an associate in the Litigation Department at Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo, she represented corporate and individual clients in federal and state trial and appellate courts in areas including complex commercial litigation, consumer litigation, debt collection litigation, and international law. Prior to joining the Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo team, Ms. Marsicano was with a boutique litigation firm in Coral Gables. While there, she represented and advised small business owners and individual clients in areas including employment law, complex commercial litigation, intellectual property law, labor and employment litigation, trust and estate law, real property law, and international law. In addition, Ms. Marsicano was fortunate to gain valuable insight into the practice of law by interning for the Honorable Judge Lester Langer of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, the General Counsel of the Global Labor and Employment division of Ryder Systems, Inc., and the managing partner of a corporate mining law firm in Santiago, Chile.
Josiah Graham began his career as a prosecutor at the Broward County State Attorney’s Office in 2015. While there, he advocated on behalf of thousands of victims throughout the community and tried more than 30 jury and non-jury trials. He has dedicated his practice to those suffering from catastrophic injuries. He is a specialist in personal injury, medical malpractice, negligent security, and wrongful death. In 2021 alone, he secured numerous multi-million-dollar recoveries on behalf of his clients. During that same time period, he recovered over eight million dollars in wrongful death settlements. Josiah recently obtained a $3.76 million dollar settlement for a mother whose daughter was killed in a car crash. Josiah has been routinely featured in the news for his victories in several high-profile personal injury cases. He was recently featured on the front page of the Daily Business Review for his hard work on a case that hit home. After the murder of a childhood friend in a Lauderhill apartment complex, Josiah successfully obtained a multi-million-dollar settlement against the complex. In 2021, he was interviewed by TMZ regarding one of his clients who was shot outside a popular South Beach restaurant. Josiah has received recurring nominations by his legal peers, these include Best Lawyers Ones to Watch in 2021 and 2022, Super Lawyers Rising Stars in 2020, 2021, and 2022, National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, and the National Bar Association Top 40 Under 40.
LEGALFUEL CLE PRESENTATIONS ARE INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT REPLACE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT. STATEMENTS OF FACT AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE PRESENTERS INDIVIDUALLY AND, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED TO THE CONTRARY, ARE NOT THE OPINION OF THE FLORIDA BAR OR ITS COMMITTEES. THE FLORIDA BAR DOES NOT ENDORSE OR APPROVE, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE CONTENT, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED. ANY FEEDBACK SHOULD BE PROVIDED TO THE EVENT ORGANIZER.