Keep Calm and Lawyer On – Top Tools and Resources for Remote Work
Approved for 1.0 hours of General CLE Credit including 1.0 hours of Technology
Presenters: Mark Homer, Get Noticed, Get Found; Nefra MacDonald, Clio; Amy Mann, LawPay; Kristin Tyler, LAWCLERK; Maddy Martin, Smith.ai
The panel discusses tools that can help you continue your practice effectively. Join these speakers from Clio (cloud based practice management), GNGF (marketing and business strategy), LAWCLERK (virtual freelance lawyers), LawPay (online payments), and Smith.ai (virtual receptionist) and learn about solutions you can implement quickly to help you work wherever!
We’ll make our way through the natural course of a new client from intake to case completion discussing various tools you can use – from anywhere!
- Virtual Receptionist – yes, they can answer your calls but they can do so much more!
- Online client payments – make it easy for your clients to pay the way they WANT to pay … via credit card!
- Practice management software – if you are still tethered to a server in your office now is the time to literally cut the cord and move to the cloud with a multifaced solution to manage and grow your firm!
- Outsource time consuming tasks – leverage the time and talent of freelance lawyers to collaborate virtually to get more work done.
- Don’t overlook marketing – an important part of keeping your firm growing is to quickly adapt your business and marketing strategies.
This panel is ready and able to share their in-depth legal tech knowledge to help you not only survive but thrive while working remotely.
Essential Tech Tools and Talent for Small Law Firms Working Remotely
During a recent webinar on COVID-19 between Profit with Law, GNGF, and Smith.ai, many software and services were mentioned as critical resources for lawyers who suddenly find themselves running their firms remotely. From time tracking tools to case management systems, email providers to calendaring solutions, this is our list of the heavy hitters in each major category. We’ve seen them all, and tried many ourselves, so our hope is to spare you the extra time that extensive research requires.
How to Get Crystal Clear VoIP
Corvum.io cofounder and CTO Graham Nelson-Zutter gives us the low-down on VoIP issues, and how to address them. If you’re not 100% sure your business’ phone lines are running in tip-top shape (many aren’t), this is one of those articles you’ll want to carve time out to read.
How long will this crisis go on? What will its long-term economic impact be? Can my business survive this?
As a business lawyer and legal marketing agency owner, Jordan Ostroff guest blogs for Smith.ai to deliver tactics, tech, and tools every solo and small-firm owner needs during these uncertain times.
LAWCLERK was built to support remote legal work. Yes, we have thousands of talented freelance lawyers you can hire for project based work but we also provide the tools you need to effectively work remotely.
Learn more here: https://content.lawclerk.legal/covid-19-resources
Ultimate Guide to Outsourcing – the preeminent guide to all issues related to outsourcing legal work.
Down your complimentary copy here: https://content.lawclerk.legal/outsourcing-guide-social-media
Prefer to watch a video to learn more? We’ve got you covered.
Free copy of Online Law Practice Strategies (a $50 value): https://gngf.com/free-book (select “FL Bar: Keep Calm and Lawyer On” from the drop down)
GNGF Law Firm Marketing Tips Video Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2sVTAMb9tpT-Wy9plqrPZYc_523Z787W
How can you connect with your potential clients during Covid 19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satyHWkMN1I
LawPay has assembled five of their top tips for working remotely here:
LawPay’s weekly live and on demand webcasts are all available at: lawpay.ce21.com
Clio’s free Resource Center helps law firms work better remotely. Here are links to their new daily podcast featuring some of the most forward-thinking minds in the industry , and our upcoming virtual events:
- Resource Center: How to Work From Home as a Lawyer
- Legal Podcast: Daily Matters, Hosted by Jack Newton
- Virtual Events: Upcoming Webinars & Innovate Legal Meetups
- Speak to an Expert (Weekly office hours):
You must report your completed courses online using the course number referenced above.
Post CLE Credits