Professional Liability Insurance: Everything You Need to Ask
Approved for 2.0 General CLE Credits, 1.0 Ethics CLE Credit, 2.0 Business Litigation Certification Credits, 2.0 Civil Trial Certification Credits, 2.0 Criminal Appellate Credits, and 2.0 Criminal Trial Credits.
This seminar provides a discussion of the current trends in professional liability insurance, and what important policies and procedures you need to be aware of that may apply to your law practice. This seminar covers the latest information concerning where claims are generated as tracked by size of firm, areas of practice, and types of errors and omissions. Gain a deeper understanding of risk management best practices that you can take back to your firm and implement. During the seminar, the speaker will:
- Explain issues involving prior acts coverage;
- Professional liability insurance aspects of law firm mergers, acquisitions and dissolutions;
- Discuss how “consent to settle” clauses work;
- Analyze exclusions, and reporting claims and incidents;
- Identify critical portions of the policy application and how they can affect coverage
- PLI Everything You Need to Ask Slides
- The Florida Bar – Handout for Presentation 2
- 10 Ways to Avoid Malpractice
- Checklist – Law Office Self Audit
- Materials for Purchasers of Professional Liability Insurance
- Your law firm’s risk management effort TFBN 2010
You must report your completed courses online using the course number referenced above.
Post CLE Credits
LEGALFUEL CLE PRESENTATIONS ARE INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT REPLACE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT. STATEMENTS OF FACT AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE PRESENTERS INDIVIDUALLY AND, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED TO THE CONTRARY, ARE NOT THE OPINION OF THE FLORIDA BAR OR ITS COMMITTEES. THE FLORIDA BAR DOES NOT ENDORSE OR APPROVE, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE CONTENT, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED. ANY FEEDBACK SHOULD BE PROVIDED TO THE EVENT ORGANIZER.