How to Stop Hackers with Honey & Sand
Approved for 1 hour of General CLE Credit including 1 hour of Technology CLE credit.
This webinar is presented by The Florida Bar’s Standing Committee on Technology (SCOT).
The goal of this continuing legal education session is to teach Florida Bar members about additional security controls and steps to make hackers’ lives harder. Everyone has heard of anti-virus, firewalls, patching and/or security updates. However, not everyone knows about Honeytokens, Honeypots (Honey) and Sandboxing (Sand). Lockard will discuss and demonstrate these free tools, best practices, concerns, and limitations. Lockard will also demonstrate how easy it is for a hacker to gain access to a computer via an Office document. Then they’ll discuss how the attack could have been stopped.
Sponsored by LegalFuel: The Practice Resource Center of The Florida Bar.
- Kick off, introduction and presenter background
- Level set knowledge about Anti-Virus, Firewalls, Patching/Security Updates.
- Explain why these are not enough, talk about zero days and FUD (Fully UnDetectable)
- Short video of Hacker attacking victim
- Explain Honey & Sand (HoneyToken & Sandboxing)
- Discuss Sandboxing
- Examples of free Sandboxing tools, best practices, concerns, and limitation
- Sandboxing Demonstration
- Discuss HoneyTokens, HoneyPots and HoneyNets
- Examples of free HoneyToken tools, best practices, concerns, and limitations
- HoneyToken Demonstration
- Examples of a solid, well rounded security strategy leveraging a defense-in-depth approach
Nick Lockard has over 20 years’ experience in IT and Cybersecurity. Nick holds numerous industry leading certifications including the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and the Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) certifications. Nick has worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies including but not limited to: Intel, Amazon Web Services and LinkedIn. Nick has also worked within government sectors including the Department of Energy (DOE) and the Department of Defense (DOD). During this time, Nick was extended an offer to work for the NSA to be an exploitation analyst on the NSA’s red team (Hacking Team) which he ultimately turned down after a 2-year long process and due to many other factors. Nick is the CEO & Principal Security Engineer at Lockard, LLC. Lockard specializes in providing threat intelligence, red team, purple team and blue team Cybersecurity services along with security architecture and engineering services for on-prem, in the cloud and hybrid environments. Lockard offers 24x7x365 monitoring, alerting and incident response services to companies of all sizes. In his free time Nick enjoys spending time with his family and auto racing.
Lockard’s Here to Help, Call +1(833) 562-5273
- A complimentary cybersecurity assessment to all Florida Bar members!
- Email ﬂoridabar@lockardsecurity.com or give us a call today
- Heavily discounted paid services to all Florida Bar members!
- Blue Team – 24x7x365 monitoring, alerting and incident response services
- Purple Team – Testing Blue Team Capabilities, Tools, and Processes
- Red Team – Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing
- Tiger Team – B&E, lock picking, implants, rogue wiﬁ, badge cloning, etc…
LEGALFUEL CLE PRESENTATIONS ARE INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT REPLACE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT. STATEMENTS OF FACT AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE PRESENTERS INDIVIDUALLY AND, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED TO THE CONTRARY, ARE NOT THE OPINION OF THE FLORIDA BAR OR ITS COMMITTEES. THE FLORIDA BAR DOES NOT ENDORSE OR APPROVE, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE CONTENT, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED. ANY FEEDBACK SHOULD BE PROVIDED TO THE EVENT ORGANIZER.