LegalFuel Speaker Series: Requests for Time Off: How Caregiving is Changing the Workforce and Impacting Your Firm
Approved for 1 hour of General CLE Credit.
As our population ages, there will be increasing numbers of working caregivers who are juggling their jobs along with the challenges of raising children and caring for an ill or aging loved one. Nationwide, employers are becoming more sensitive to the need for supportive policies and benefits for their employees to help them meet these challenges. This program will provide an overview of the ways caregiving affects employers and employees, why and how your practice needs to address the needs of your caregiving-employees, and how you manage caregiver-employees while protecting your company.
- Introduction: Explaining Caregiving in America and How it Pertains to the Practice of Law
- Impacts of Caregiving on Employees
- Impacts of Caregiving on Employers
- Legal Protections for Caregiver-Employees
- Reasons Why Florida Lawyers and Law Firms Must Create a Caregiver-Friendly Culture
- Best Practices for Workplace Policies and Benefits
- How to Protect Yourself and Your Company to Minimize Conflict, Increase Return on Investment, and Enhance Reputation
You must report your completed courses online using the course number referenced above.
Post CLE Credits
LEGALFUEL CLE PRESENTATIONS ARE INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT REPLACE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT. STATEMENTS OF FACT AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE PRESENTERS INDIVIDUALLY AND, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED TO THE CONTRARY, ARE NOT THE OPINION OF THE FLORIDA BAR OR ITS COMMITTEES. THE FLORIDA BAR DOES NOT ENDORSE OR APPROVE, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE CONTENT, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED. ANY FEEDBACK SHOULD BE PROVIDED TO THE EVENT ORGANIZER.