The Greatest Hits of 2020: Rules, Ethics Opinions, Recommendations, Member Benefits, & More!
2020 has been an unprecedented time of change for everyone and needless to say, there is a lot to talk about. So, for this final episode of 2020, hosts Christine Bilbrey and Karla Eckardt discuss the year’s greatest hits, including the most frequently asked questions at LegalFuel, some new Rules and Ethics opinions, a few tips on technology and working from home successfully, as well as some free Member Benefits that you may not be aware of including the new Lawyer Helpline.
Thank you for joining us today and throughout the year, for fitting us into your busy schedules, and welcoming us into your spaces. We understand that for many the holidays will look a little different this year. Nonetheless, we hope everyone has a chance to spend time with loved ones this holiday season, even if it’s via Zoom. May the New Year bring health, happiness, and prosperity to you and yours.
This podcast has been approved by The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Department for 1.5 hours of General CLE Credit including .5 hours of Ethics Credit and .5 hours of Technology Credit. Course #4374.
Powered by RedCircle
Responding to Online Reviews
- Ethics Opinion 20-1 – Responding to Online Reviews
- October 14, 2020 Bar News Article: Advisory Opinion Addresses How Best to Respond to Online Criticism
- Ethics Informational Packet on Technology
- Ethics Hotline 800.235.8619
Electronic Signatures, Remote Notarization, Swearing in Witnesses & Remote Testimony
- TFB Ethics & Ad. Staff TFB News Article: Ethics During COVID-19
- Florida Supreme Court Administrative Order No. AOSC20-16
- COVID-19 Emergency Procedures in the Florida State Courts, Fla. Admin. Order No. AOSC20-13
- RPPTL.org COVID-19 Information page
Starting a Law Firm
- LF New Law Practice Checklist
- Member Benefit, Corporate Creations International, Inc., is a Florida company that provides registered agent and incorporation services. It can help you determine which corporate structure is best for you. Moreover, Corporate Creations offers a 100% discount off standard service fees for registered agent and incorporation services for Florida Bar members who form P.A., PLLC and LLP entities for their own law practices. To take advantage of the offer please call (561) 694-8107 and speak with the account manager for Florida Bar members and mention coupon code FLbarmember.
- Virtual Practice
Interstate Law Firms/Branch Offices
Closing a Law Practice
- Checklist – Retirement/Closing a Law Office
- Podcast episode: The Rules of Retiring, Going Inactive, or Closing a Firm
Fastcase Legal Research (FREE Member Benefit)
- About the Transition to the New Fastcase
- Fastcase Support:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 866.773.2782 – option 2.
- MyFloridaBar Members Portal Login Support
- Fastcase Quick Reference Guide
- Lawyerist Fastcase Review
Mental Health Helpline for Florida Lawyers (Free, Confidential Member Benefit)
- 833.FL1.WELL or 833.351.9355
- Podcast episode: The Florida Lawyers Helpline 833-FL1-WELL
WFH Tech Recommendations
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Headset (Headphone/microphone)
- Mesh WiFi System
- Powerline Network Adapter
- Battery Backup (uninterruptible power supply)
- Portable Chargers and Power Banks
Florida Bar Member Benefits Tech Retailers:
Love Languages @ Work
- Quiz: https://www.scienceofpeople.com/love-language-quiz-list/
- Article: What Is Your Professional Love Language?
- Book: The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace
The views expressed by the participants of this program are their own and do not represent the views of, nor are they endorsed by The Florida Bar, their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or representatives. None of the content should be considered legal advice. As always, consult a lawyer.
LEGALFUEL CLE PRESENTATIONS ARE INTENDED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT REPLACE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT. STATEMENTS OF FACT AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE PRESENTERS INDIVIDUALLY AND, UNLESS EXPRESSLY STATED TO THE CONTRARY, ARE NOT THE OPINION OF THE FLORIDA BAR OR ITS COMMITTEES. THE FLORIDA BAR DOES NOT ENDORSE OR APPROVE, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR, THE CONTENT, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PRESENTED. ANY FEEDBACK SHOULD BE PROVIDED TO THE EVENT ORGANIZER.