Online Marketing and Advertising in 2018 [Guest Post]
We thank the Lawyerist.com team for this guest post.
Traditional marketing and advertising strategies are quickly disappearing, especially for law firms. Clients are no longer simply looking up a name and number in a directory. They are now craving connection like never before and are seeking that connection long before they ever pick up the phone.
Your online marketing and advertising is critical to how potential clients view your firm because 70% to 80% of people research a business online before going any further. It’s important that you send the right message, in the right way, to make that imperative connection your audience seeks.
The Importance of Online Marketing and Advertising for Your Law Firm
There are many ways you can connect with potential clients online, several of which yield great results:
- 85% of potential clients trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
- 64.6% of people click on Google ads when they are looking to purchase a product or service.
- 94% of people plan to make a purchase from a business they follow on Twitter.
- Online content marketing rakes in conversion rates that are six times higher than traditional methods.
These stats and facts all come down to this: for your firm to connect with an online audience, you must have a strong online presence.
Which Online Marketing and Advertising Strategies Should You Use?
If you have a website, you’ve taken the first step. But beyond your website lies new territory to conquer for the ultimate reach.
In an era of fake news and your potential clients are craving authenticity while online. They want to feel truly connected with someone before they even consider reaching out. The best way to show authenticity is through the smart use of personalized content marketing. When writing, here are a few tips for making your content read authentically:
- Use your unique voice. Don’t be afraid to show your personality in your web and blog content and social media posts. Each element should help your clients get to know you better.
- Speak to your client. Use “you” and “your” instead of “they.” Speak directly to your client, as if they’re sitting in a chair across from you.
- Create videos. Video marketing is growing rapidly. In fact, viewers are 64% to 85% more likely to purchase after watching a video. Why? It’s personal and creates face-to-face interaction before any personal interaction happens.
AI and Voice Search
Some of your potential clients are sitting in their living rooms searching with their voice using an AI assistant. One helpful tool to add to your online efforts is a chatbot in your messenger service, which offers instant service. For potential clients using phones or Alexa to search for legal services in their area, you need to make sure your website and blog copy are optimized to be found in this way. This means placing customer experience up high on your list of priorities to improve your service.
Paid Search Advertising
Perhaps one of the most effective online advertising methods, paid search or pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is an option most law firms should not overlook.
There are over 3.5 billion search queries on Google every single day. By paying Google to display your content, you can maximize your firm’s reach. While this option can prove costly for some practice areas, there are smart ways to manage paid search no matter where you are or what you do. Learn more about paid search advertising through Google by reading their free guide.
You may also want to consider paid advertising on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Highly targeted audience creation is one of the greatest assets these platforms provide, which may help you reach your ideal clients faster.
Is Your Current Online Marketing Strategy Working?
Online marketing and advertising are just two parts of your overarching efforts to find and keep clients. And they are but small parts to play in your overall efforts to run a successful law firm. To learn more ways to improve your law firm’s online and offline strategies, take the Lawyerist Small Firm Scorecard™ today.